In 2018 I embarked upon a solo tour that featured many house concerts. It was the beginning of a great adventure!
I love it - I think it's a great way to meet new friends, visit old friends, and to share my music with you.
If you would like to host a show at your place or a space in your city, town, or neighbourhood, please be in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org - I would love to come by!
All House Concerts are entry by donation to encourage as many people to come as want to!
Here’s how it works in a nutshell…
1. You have a big living room, loft space, community space, art gallery, yoga studio, recording studio, coffee shop or other space where we can do a private show that can comfortably and safely host 20-40 people.
2. Ticket price are a suggested donation of $20/$25. Everyone will be encouraged to donate advance through my website. Money can also be collected by the host on the day of the show for the friends/guests of the host, if appropriate, and all monies to go to Crooked Mouth Music.
3. I’ll provide the host with a list of everyone coming to the show from advance sales. The host will only need to check people off the list as they arrive, and collect donations from their friends who have not purchased in advance.
4. Your home address will not be published on the web and will only be given to people who purchase tickets.
5. The shows will promoted on Nerissa’s websites, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter and word-of-mouth.
6. We’ll need your help to spread the word on your Facebook and Twitter too. We’ll create a Facebook event for each show and make you a host of the event so you can easily invite your friends (Thank you!). Remember, please don’t post your address. The address only goes to people after they buy tickets.
8. You don’t need any sort of sound system. All you you need is a chair for Nerissa to sit on, a power outlet near the ‘stage’ and some kind of ambient lighting like a lamp on coffee table, floor lamp, or overhead lights with a dimmer to help create a cozy mood.
9. You don’t need seating for everyone. If you have a bunch of chairs, great! But most shows are floor seating and we let guests know they should bring a cushion, pillow or folding chair to sit on during the show.
Ready to host? Here’s what’s next...
1. email email@example.com this info: – a. Your address. – b. A few photos of your living room. – c. Please put “Nerissa Campbell Living Room Show” and the name of your city in the subject line.
2. Sit tight and I’ll get back to as soon as possible if we can book the show at your place.